Barat LaPorte counsels clients in the oil, natural gas, telecommunications and utilities industries on commercial litigation matters, including regulatory and appellate practice. Her practice is focused on advocating and protecting the interests of her clients while utilizing her experience and problem-solving abilities to help individuals and businesses proactively avoid and resolve litigation. She counsels clients on a broad range of issues related to complex commercial litigation, e-discovery, natural resources, environmental law, government investigations, complicated financial and commercial disputes, and consumer products.
Barat is a lifelong Alaskan and enjoys spending time outdoors and volunteering with youth sports. She previously worked at a large national firm and as a law clerk for the Alaska Supreme Court.
- Alaska State Bar Association
- Alaska Court System Civil Rules Committee
- American Bar Association
- Board Member, Anchorage Association of Women Lawyers
- Past Member, Alaska Youth Soccer Association Board, Past Member, 2011 – 2013
- Past Member & Secretary, Tomonokai Japanese Education and Exchange Board, 2009 – 2011
- Past Member, Court Fund Committee, United States District Court, District of Alaska, 2003 – 2005