For more than 35 years, Rob has been providing legal counsel and resolving issues and disputes for his clients involved in large and complex heavy civil construction projects. His practice focuses on construction and government contracts and includes all aspects of public and private construction, including: highways, concrete and steel bridges, water and wastewater treatment plants, earth and rock fill dams, shafts, tunnels, railways, airfields, schools, public buildings, and pipelines.
From 1980 to 2012, Rob was a partner in the construction law firm of McInerney & Dillon. In addition to Rob’s construction law experience in private practice, he spent more than five years as an attorney for the U.S. Army. His service included roles as: senior and supervising trial attorney for the Army in Washington, D.C. in contract litigation before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA); an officer in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps representing the Army in construction and procurement litigation before the ASBCA on the west coast, Japan and Korea; and as an officer representing the Army in Federal Court in conjunction with the Department of Justice.
Rob received engineer-in-training certificates from Pennsylvania and California and is a Colonel, JAGC (Ret.), U.S. Army Reserve. Rob is the partner in charge of the firm’s California office.
- Forum on the Construction Industry and Public Contract Law Section, American Bar Association
- Legal Advisory Committee, AGC of California
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Member, The Beavers
- Member, The Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator, California Public Works Contract Arbitration Committee
Awards & Honors
- Northern California Super Lawyer 2004 – Present
- Who’s Who Legal California, 2009 – Present
- Marquis Who’s Who in American Law
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, Construction
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating for over 30 years
News & Insights
- Northern California Super Lawyers Recognizes Rob Leslie
- Oles Morrison Supports the Beavers Charitable Trust
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Nine Oles Morrison Attorneys
- Five Oles Morrison Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers Lists
- California Partner Robert L. Leslie Joins Seattle Partners in Launching New Bay Area Office
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker, LLP Announces New Partner Robert L. Leslie to Head California Office