Founded in 1893, Oles Morrison is one of the West Coast’s most experienced and trusted law firms focusing its practice primarily on construction and government contracts. We are committed to providing our clients with stellar legal counsel, deep industry knowledge and top-tier service. We are passionate about the work we do, dedicated to pursuing excellence in our field and steadfast in our service to the communities where we live and work. We seek attorneys, paralegals and staff who share these same values.
Our collegial and collaborative environment is a place where excellence, creative thinking, problem solving, diverse perspectives and clear communication thrives. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, individuality and the pursuit of outside interests. If you would like to learn more about the firm and our available opportunities, please contact Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek associates and experienced attorneys that have both a strong aptitude for the law and a personality that thrives in collaborative environments with senior attorneys and clients. We hire and develop attorneys who have solid academic records, clear and concise communications and advocacy skills, robust work ethic and possess the ability to assume substantial responsibility early in their careers. Our attorneys thrive on a challenge, excel in high stress situations and have a professional demeanor that inspires confidence. Working for Oles Morrison provides a unique opportunity to grow and develop skills as an attorney serving the construction community and the industries within government contracting. Oles Morrison is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, individuality and creativity.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to Hiring Partner, Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker, 701 Pike Street, Suite 1700, Seattle WA 98101 or via email to email@example.com. We prefer receipt of applications from the applicants themselves and not agencies, headhunters, or third-party legal search firms, and we do not authorize any third parties to solicit candidates for these positions on Oles Morrison’s behalf without prior written approval from Oles Morrison’s Hiring Partner. All applications are kept strictly confidential.
Government Contracts Associate – Seattle, WA
The Seattle office of Oles Morrison seeks to hire a partnership-track associate to join our Government Contracts practice. The ideal candidate will have 3-7 years of government contracts experience, including experience litigating bid protests before GAO and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, litigating CDA claims before the ASBCA and/or the CBCA, and providing a variety of government contracts counseling concerning procurement, regulatory compliance, and contract administration issues. Experience with government audits/investigations and IP issues is a plus, but not required. Candidates should be very familiar with the FAR and DFARS. Washington State bar is not required, but candidates must be eligible for admission to the Washington State bar within a reasonable period after being hired. Candidates should demonstrate strong academic credentials, writing and analytical abilities, and excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Construction Attorney – Oakland, CA
The Oakland office of Oles Morrison seeks to hire an attorney to join its nationally recognized construction law practice. Candidates must have 5+ years of construction law (other than construction defect) and litigation experience. Candidates should demonstrate strong academic credentials, writing and analytical abilities, and excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Portable business not required. Ideal candidate has sufficient experience to handle partner level complex construction matters and associated litigation, with potential to progress towards a partnership position. Selected candidate would be hired in a Sr. Associate, Of Counsel, or Partner capacity, depending on level of experience and portable business. California State Bar is required.
Construction Attorney – Anchorage, AK
The Alaska office of Oles Morrison seeks to hire an associate or junior attorney to join its nationally recognized construction law practice. Candidates must have 4-7 years of litigation experience. Applicants must be full-time Alaska residents in good standing with the Alaska State Bar. Preference will be given to applicants with a portable book of business and a proven ability to effectively market and create new work opportunities.
Oles Morrison’s summer associate program is the backbone of our firm’s attorney hiring program. We look to hire summer associates who have both strong academic records and well-rounded interests. When making hiring decisions, we not only look for candidates with strong legal analysis and writing skills, but also those who are personable, hardworking, good communicators, and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
Summer associates at Oles Morrison are not assigned to a single practice group in the firm, but rather are given an opportunity to explore all the firm’s practices to find what area fits them best. As a summer associate, you will have the opportunity to work on real client matters, attend associate training programs, and take part in our firm’s calendar of social and community events. Summer associates get a first-hand opportunity to experience what it is like to be an associate at our firm, while developing the skills and relationships necessary to establish a solid foundation for future success at our firm or elsewhere in the legal community.
2L Summer Associate Positions
Each year we participate in fall on-campus interview (OCI) and résumé collect programs at several law schools throughout the country. If we are not participating in OCI or résumé collect at your law school, and you are interested in applying for our summer associate program, please send a cover letter, résumé, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and writing sample to Hiring Partner, Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker, 701 Pike Street, Suite 1700, Seattle WA 98101 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1L Diversity Summer Fellowship Positions
In an effort to increase the level of diversity in our firm, and the Washington legal community as whole, we are an active participant in the Legal Employers Advancing Diversity in Washington (LEAD-WA) Fellowship Program. Through LEAD-WA, Oles Morrison provides a summer fellowship position to a diverse first-year law student from University of Washington, Seattle University, and Gonzaga University Schools of Law. Learn more about LEAD-WA at www.lead-wa.org.
Support & Administrative Staff
Oles Morrison provides legal support staff the opportunity to work as a part of a team in a friendly and demanding environment. We are interested in individuals who maintain the highest of ethical standards and who believe in the power of team work. We seek legal support staff candidates who are highly skilled, excellent communicators, and personable. In turn, we strive to provide an environment that promotes professional fulfillment and fosters respect from all levels. Oles Morrison is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, individuality and the importance of outside interests.
Legal Assistant (Construction Litigation focus)
Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant in our Seattle office. The role performs a variety of legal assistant duties for attorneys in all phases of the litigation process: from initiation of a case through the discovery period, trial, post-trial, and appeal. Responsible court filing and calendaring. Responsible for overseeing and organizing the physical and electronic documents for complex multi-party and multi-jurisdiction litigation, (either on firm server, document management software, or on cloud based systems) into consolidated, searchable database or other format for efficient attorney/paralegal use. Maintain positive contact with clients and observe confidentiality of client matters.
- Draft, transcribe, proofread, format, and finalize legal documents, engagement letters, subpoenas, summons, court papers, etc.
- File and serve pleadings, discovery and other legal documents in a variety of state and federal courts; create Proofs of Service and perform follow-up on filings/ service as needed. Prepare court documents for ECF in appropriate courts according to state and federal local rules.
- Assist attorneys by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents to appropriate assigned timekeepers; schedule client meetings, court reporters, expert witnesses, etc.
- Prepare reimbursement expenses; process check requests for court filings, vendor payments and travel advances.
- Maintain attorney(s) calendars by planning and scheduling depositions, client interviews, teleconferences, travel itineraries, etc.; schedule and docket court appearances, discovery dates, case management dates, trial dates, etc.; track attorney CLE.
- Prepare new client conflict checks working with attorney(s) and accounting department; accurately enter and update all client contact/matter information into firm database and on client information sheet.
- Copy/Scan/Print or coordinate copy/scan/print jobs with outside vendors and ensure accurate reproduction of documents.
- Conduct periodic review of files to send to off-site storage.
- Prepare and maintain attorney working files and binders. Index materials from document production; participate in document production either on firm premises or off-site as directed by supervising attorney.
- Proactively communicate with attorneys, paralegals, court clerks and opposing counsel to verify case status and deadlines; research case status using a variety of methods (phone, internet, etc.)
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university, and/or a minimum of three years Legal Assistant experience supporting more than one attorney.
- Proficient (or ability to quickly learn) on a variety of technology solutions including MS Office Suite, NetDocuments, Tabs3/PracticeMaster, copy/scanner.
- Ability to self-prioritize competing demands. Excellent communication to resolve work priority issues. Positive attitude toward work and coworkers.
- Preference for experience with construction litigation support.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources, email@example.com. Please provide salary requirements.