Angelia Wesch helps construction clients, real estate developers and property owners solve big, complex problems related to heavy civil infrastructure projects, differing site conditions, and delay and impact claims where knowledge of insurance coverage and insurance recovery strategies is essential. Her clients are responsible for some of the largest civil infrastructure and transportation projects happening today. They turn to Angelia for insurance recovery strategy to minimize disruption to their business. With deep understanding of the unique insurance issues facing the construction and real estate industry, Angelia offers clients an opportunity for an alternative dispute resolution mechanism that gets them back to running their business quickly. For almost three decades, Angelia has helped clients resolve first and third party insurance coverage disputes, and litigate complex multi-million-dollar construction claims involving builder’s risk, commercial general liability, and errors and omissions (“E&O”) policies. Angelia also advises construction clients on contractual issues involving tenders of defense and indemnity, additional insured issues, and extra-contractual damages.
Committed to advancing the role of women in the legal, real estate and construction industries, Angelia has been a member of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) since 1995, previously serving as the Seattle and Sound Chapter President and a national CREW Network Board Member. CREW Network is a professional commercial real estate association comprised of more than 10,000 members in 74 different markets in the U.S., Canada, and in the U.K. As a co-founder of the CREW Seattle & Sound Leadership Development Program, Angelia has provided extensive training and professional development skills to more than 60 women from the construction and commercial real estate industries since the program’s inception in 2013. Additionally, Angelia is an original member of Women Leaders in Construction, a networking group for women in the construction industry that serves more than 900 women.
As Managing Partner of the firm, Angelia is responsible for guiding the strategic direction of the firm to ensure it continues to be one of the West’s leading construction and government contracts law firms.
Insurance coverage counsel advising joint venture partners on replacement of seawall project.
Insurance coverage counsel for specialized micro-tunneling boring machine (“MTBM”) contractors involving multiple specialized tunneling projects in King County.
Insurance coverage counsel for specialty subcontractor providing services on the Light Rail-Central Tunneling Project in San Francisco, CA.
Insurance coverage counsel for Joint Venture Partner on Alaskan Way Viaduct Project involving what was, at time of contract, the world’s largest Tunnel Boring Machine (“TBM”).
Insurance coverage counsel for joint venture on Sound Transit’s Northlink Light Rail project.
Insurance coverage and trial counsel for largest building materials and cement supplier on the West Coast with operations in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona as well as Western Canada in litigation involving multi phase commercial development project in Pacific Northwest.
Insurance coverage counsel advising general contractor on encroachment and differing site conditions claim involving a mixed use project in Utah.
Primary Pierce County counsel for property acquisition to complete downtown Tacoma Light Rail Link.
Local counsel for property owner regarding tenant improvements, construction, and leasing work for Frank Russell Building.
Represented large stakeholder and owner’s group involved in the development of an 800+ acre industrial Master Plan in the city of Marysville working with municipal development authorities, governmental agencies, tribes, and county economic development and planning staff.
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, Insurance in the Construction Industry-Duty to Defend, Reserving Rights, File Splitting and Claims Handling Issues, The Seminar Group, Seattle, WA, October 5, 2017
- Moderator, Women of Influence, CREW Seattle & Sound Luncheon, Seattle, WA, June 8, 2017
- Speaker, Insurance and Indemnity Issues, “Construction Law from Design to Delivery,” Sterling Group Construction Law Seminar, Seattle, WA, April 28, 2017
- Speaker, IGNITE Women!, NAWIC’s Women in Construction Week, Seattle, WA, March 9, 2017
- Moderator, Exploring the Multi-Generational Work Environment, CREW Luncheon, Seattle, WA, November 12, 2015
- Moderator, “Are You Ready for the Next Generation of Leadership?” NAIOP Developing Leaders Breakfast, Seattle, WA, October 21, 2015
- Co-presenter, Mysteries of Builder’s Risk Insurance, Anchorage, AK, March 24, 2015
- Co-Founder, CREW Seattle & Sound Leadership Series, September 2013 – present
- Panelist, Women of Influence, CREW Seattle & Sound Luncheon, Seattle, WA, September, 2013
- Speaker, Ethical Considerations In Defending and Resolving Construction Disputes Involving Insurance, Insurance in the Construction Industry, The Seminar Group, Seattle, WA, 2011, 2012
- Member, Women Leaders in Construction, 2013 – present
- Member, Downtown Seattle Association
- Co-Founder, CREW Seattle & Sound Leadership Series, 2013 – present
- Chapter President, CREW Seattle & Sound, 1999
- Board Member, CREW Network, 2000 – 2002
- Former Board Member, Tacoma/Pierce County Economic Development Board
Awards & Honors
- Honoree, 2016 Career Advancement for Women Impact Award, CREW Network
- Mentor of the Year, CREW Seattle & Sound, 2015
- Super Lawyers, Insurance Coverage, 2015 – 2017
- Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2014 – 2015
News & Insights
- Oles Morrison Expands its California Litigation Department with Addition of Bryce Carroll and Robin O’Shea
- Angelia Wesch to speak at Insurance in the Construction Industry Seminar
- Angelia Wesch presenting at “Insurance in the Construction Industry” seminar
- Six Oles Morrison Attorneys Named to 2017 Washington Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Angelia Wesch to moderate CREW Seattle & Sound’s Annual Women of Influence Luncheon
- Women Leaders in Construction Summer Social June 15
- Oles Morrison Names Angelia Wesch New Managing Partner
- Oles Morrison’s Angelia D. Wesch is Honored by Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network with National Impact Award
- Learn about the evolution of Amazon’s Denny Triangle projects at Crew Seattle’s October Luncheon
- Angelia Wesch to Moderate CREW Panel Discussion
- Angelia Wesch to Moderate Distinguished NAIOP Panel
- Angelia Wesch named 2015 CREW “Mentor of the Year”
- Northern California Super Lawyers Recognizes Rob Leslie
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Six Oles Morrison Attorneys
- Angelia Wesch to be Part of Commercial Real Estate Women Panel
- Angelia Wesch and Craig Rusk to present in Anchorage
- Angelia Wesch to Present at CREW Leadership Series
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Nine Oles Morrison Attorneys
- Angelia D. Wesch Joins Oles Morrison as Partner