Daniel Radthorne’s practice focuses on construction law, commercial litigation and government contracts. He engages in comprehensive, in-depth legal research that facilitates novel solutions to complex problems. Previously, he served as a criminal enforcement intern for the Transportation Security Administration’s Office of the Chief Counsel where he investigated cutting-edge issues in privacy law and criminal procedure. His projects included a primer on jurisdictional variation in weapons classification which was disseminated to every TSA Field Counsel attorney in the United States.
Successful post-award GAO bid protest challenging the award of a $375 million contract awarded by NASA for engineering, research, and scientific support services. GAO sustained our client’s protest, finding numerous errors in the past performance and cost realism evaluations, and also recommended NASA reimburse our client’s attorneys’ fees. Trident Vantage Sys., LLC; SKER-SGT Eng’g & Sci., LLC, B-415944 et al., 2018 CPD ¶ 166, 2018 WL 2355998 (Comp. Gen. 2018).
Successfully defended against a post-award GAO bid protest challenging the award of a $43 million medical center operations & maintenance contract to our client. The protest was denied, and the award to our client confirmed. Valiant Government Services, LLC, B-416488, 2018 WL 4328307 (Comp. Gen. 2018).
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, “Change is Eminent: Recent Ruling Represents Major Shift in Alaska Condemnation Law,” The Alaska Contractor Magazine, Spring 2017
- Author, Washington Section, 2015-2016 Construction Law Update, ABA Forum on Construction Law, 2017
- Author, “ASBCA Opens the Door to Contractors Seeking Monetary Damages for Unfair CPARS Reviews,” Procurement Playbook, January 4, 2017
- Rising Star Program, Associated Builders and Contractors of Western Washington
News & Insights
- Trump Administration’s Sovereign Acts Cast Shadow on Federal Procurement
- Serving Our Clients for 125 Years
- Oles Morrison’s Government Contracts Team Wins GAO Bid Protest Challenging Award of O/M Contract for Missile Defense Radar Vessel – SBX-1
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker adds Attorney Daniel Radthorne