Federal contractors of all sizes look to Dave Yang for his strategic counsel in navigating all phases of the federal procurement process. Drawing on his decade’s long experience of the state, local and federal marketplaces, Dave regularly advises clients on all critical aspects of their business, whether the issues involve compliance, intellectual property, prime-subcontractor matters, cost accounting, claims, bid protests or other disputes.
Dave also regularly litigates on behalf of contractors before a diverse range of government forums and in arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association. Dave focuses on bid protests, where he has successfully protested and defended billions of dollars’ worth of some of the largest defense and civilian procurements in recent history before the U.S. Government Accountability Office and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, where he served as a law clerk early on in his career. In addition to his expansive protest work, Dave has recovered millions of dollars in Contract Disputes Act claims before the boards of contract appeals and also routinely defends contractors in False Claims Act cases in federal courts nationwide. Dave has strategically obtained dismissal of several multimillion-dollar FCA lawsuits through the effective and efficient use of pre-trial motions.
Most recently, Dave was a partner at an AmLaw 100 firm in Washington, D.C. He served as a law clerk for the Honorable Mary Ellen Coster Williams at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims in 2004.
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “Navigating Violations in the Export Controls Minefield (Part 3 in a Series),” Government Contracts Navigator, January 2018
- Media Interview, “Does the Court of Federal Claims Give Alliant 2 Protestors More Than GAO?” Federal News Radio, January 2018
- Media Interview, “Will GAO’s Decision to Charge $350 Per Filing Stop Frivolous Protests?” Federal News Radio, October 2017
- Author, “Risk Management in the Export Controls Minefield (Part 2 in a Series),” Government Contracts Navigator, October 2017
- Author, “Senate Proposes Major Overhaul to the GAO Bid Protest Process,” Government Contracts Navigator, October 2017
- Author, “ASBCA Grants $253 Million Northrop Post-Retirement Benefits Claim,” Government Contracts Navigator, August 2017
- Author, “Report to Congress Paints Difficult Landscape for DCAA,” Law 360, July 2017
- Author, “DCAA Faces Obstacles in Clearing Backlog,” Law360, May 12, 2017
- Author, “Managing the Export Controls Minefield (Part 1 in a Series),” Government Contracts Navigator, February 2017
- Panelist, DCCA/DCMA Regulatory Update and Hot Topics, Federal Publications Seminars, Colorado Springs, CO, April 27, 2018
- Presenter, “FCA, Government Data Rights and OCI Issues,” Federal Contracts Year in Review, Southeast Idaho NCMA, Idaho Falls, ID, April 24, 2018
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice Chair, ABA Accounting, Cost and Pricing Committee
Awards & Honors
- Listed, Legal500, 2017
- Rising Star, Law360, 2015