Erich Potter’s practice focuses on ediscovery, commercial litigation and government contracts. Erich advises clients and case teams on ediscovery and document review strategy, tactics and organization in such matters as complex commercial litigation and government investigations. Erich has represented clients on contract claims and disputes before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals and Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and bid protests before the Court of Federal Claims.
Erich has focused on ediscovery for a significant portion of his career. He has deep experience on all matters related to discovery, including: drafting and responding to discovery requests, interviewing custodians, spearheading the ediscovery element of meet and confer conferences, drafting briefs and motions on dispositive discovery issues, selecting and managing vendors, developing and implementing preservation plans, issuing and tracking legal hold notices, preparing review protocols, overseeing and directing review teams, and negotiating with opposing counsel. Prior to practicing law, he was a political fundraiser in Washington, D.C. and Seattle.
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “What You Need to Know About Bid Protests Before the Federal Aviation Administration,” Procurement Playbook, December 4, 2018
- Author, “Affordable and Defensible Document Collection,” Law360, June 14, 2018
- Author, “Understanding a Contractor’s Data to Save Time and Money in Claims Process,” Procurement Playbook, February 22, 2018
- Author, “Six eDiscovery Predictions for 2018,” Law360, January 11, 2018
News & Insights
- Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®
- Legal 500 Recognizes Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker’s Government Contracts Practice In 2019 National Guide
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker Receives Rankings In 2019 Issue Of Chambers USA Guide
- Serving Our Clients for 125 Years
- Six E-Discovery Predictions For 2018