Jason Wandler is an integral member of his client’s construction project team helping to proactively identify legal issues and finding solutions quickly that allow projects to keep moving forward. From drafting contracts for public or private construction projects, through dispute resolution and every single issue in between, Jason is the advocate general contractors want on their side. He has represented clients on a wide variety of projects, including multi-story commercial developments, Army family housing developments, Air Force aircraft facilities, utility and roadway construction, Washington ferry terminal construction, commercial retail facilities, sports complex construction, golf course construction, as well as multiple multi-party lien foreclosure actions.
Committed to workforce development, Jason serves on Washington State University’s School of Design and Construction, Construction Management Advisory Board, and the ABC of Western Washington Board of Directors. Jason is a frequent lecturer on Washington lien law and other construction-related topics to industry groups and previously, served as an Adjunct Instructor for the Washington State University School of Design & Construction. Jason has been named a “Rising Star” among Washington construction lawyers by Washington Law and Politics.
Successfully argued on behalf of general contractor that a supplier of temporary labor services does not have standing to assert a claim under Washington’s public bond and retention statutes.
Publications & Presentations
- Co-Presenter, “Effective Project Management Through Scheduling,” Washington State University School of Architecture & Construction Management, Pullman, WA, 2011
- Presenter, “Using a Mechanic’s Lien to Get Your Money,” National Business Institute, 2006
- Presenter, “Lien and Bond Claims: Procedures and Pitfalls,” Washington Construction Law Conference, The Seminar Group, Seattle, WA, 2004, 2005
- Presenter, “Washington Lien Law,” Oles Morrison Construction and Public Contract Law Seminar, Seattle, WA, 2003, 2005
- Presenter, “Washington Contracts – The Year in Review,” Oles Morrison Construction and Public Contract Law Seminar, Seattle, WA, 2004
- Contributing Author, “Wiley Construction Law Update,” Aspen Publishing, 2005
- Contributing Author, Lien Law Online, Construction Publications Inc., 2001 to present
- Board of Directors, Associated Builders and Contractors of Western Washington
- Construction Management Advisory Board, Washington State University’s School of Design and Construction
- Washington State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- King County Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation-Construction, 2015-present
- “Rising Star,” Washington Law and Politics, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011
News & Insights
- Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP attorneys selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019
- Serving Our Clients for 125 Years
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker Attorneys Named “Best Lawyers in America”
- Congratulations to our six attorneys who were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
- Oles Morrison Named 2016 Best Law Firm by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Doug Oles and Jason Wandler Named to List of Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- Oles Morrison Named 2015 Best Law Firm by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Doug Oles and Jason Wandler Named to List of Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- Jason R. Wandler Elected to ABC Board of Directors
- Jason Wandler presenting at WSU School of Architecture & Construction Management November 8, 2011