Jedidiah Blake works with clients in the government contracts and construction industries at the federal and state and local levels. Through contract review, in-depth legal research and fact analysis, and claim drafting, Jedidiah assists clients at all stages of the contract disputes process from requests for equitable adjustments to litigation before the boards of contract appeals. Jedidiah has also assisted clients on bid protests, SBA matters, pass-through claims, termination for convenience settlement proposals, and COVID-19 impact claims.
Prior to joining Oles Morrison, Jedidiah clerked for one year at the U.S. Civilian Board of Contract Appeals in Washington D.C. While at the Board, Jedidiah assisted judges with hearings and mediations and drafted decisions on a variety of topics including summary judgement, requests for equitable adjustment, contract interpretation, terminations for default, and jurisdictional issues.
During law school, Jedidiah completed legal internships with several federal agencies. Jedidiah was also a member of the Public Contract Law Journal and served as the Senior Notes Editor during his 3L year. Jedidiah graduated with a Concentration in Government Procurement Law and received a Pro Bono Service Award for Outstanding Work in the Public Interest.
In his spare time, Jedidiah enjoys reading, playing pick-up basketball, and being outdoors.
Publications & Presentations
- Journal Note – Russian Interference in U.S. Elections: How to Protect Critical Election Infrastructure from Foreign Participation, 49 Pub. Cont. L.J. 709 (2020)
- Coauthored Article – Year in Review: The Federal Circuit’s 2020 Government Contract Law Decisions, 70 U. L. Rev. 1465 (2021)
- Contributor – ABA Guide to Fixed-Price Supply Subcontract Terms and Conditions, 6th (forthcoming)
- Author, “Government Contractors Beware: COVID-19 Is Not An Automatic Excusable Delay,” Procurement Playbook, February 10, 2022
- Co-Author – “Whip inflation now: DoD guides contractors with key points on dealing with higher costs,” Procurement Playbook, June 9, 2022
- Co-Author – “Legal Remedies for Contractors: Limited causes of action at the state level for contractor relief in unpredictable times,” The Alaska Contractor, Summer 2022
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- ABA Young Lawyer Division
- Associate Editor, ABA YLD TYL Magazine (2022-2023)
- Member, Section of Public Contract Law
News & Insights
- “Winning Your Bid Protest 2022” Webinar Hosted By Howard Roth and Jedidiah Blake A Big Success!
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP attorneys Sydney Sullivan and Jedidiah Blake II were published in the July edition of The Associated General Contractors of Alaska!
- The 2022 Edition of The Legal 500 Nationally Ranks Oles Morrison’s Construction and Government Contracts Practices