Meghan Douris provides her clients – the nation and region’s leading general contractors and subcontractors – legal counsel on the diverse issues impacting their construction projects, including: differing site conditions, geotechnical engineering concerns, delay and impact claims, heavy civil construction contract claims, general business matters, construction contract issues, and risk management strategies. With experience working as Assistant General Counsel for the New York City Department of Design and Construction and certification as a LEED Green Associate, she understands the unique legal complexities in the construction industry associated with constructing heavy civil infrastructure and high rise buildings. Clients value her ability to assess complex construction contracts and determine an appropriate and creative litigation strategy to achieve a resolution that aligns with not only the size and dollar value of the issue but the overall business goal.
Meghan also helps organizations understand and secure government contracts. From assisting with bid protests and helping clients to navigate the REA and Claim process, to litigating bid and size protests before the Court of Federal Claims, GAO, SBA and state/local agencies, Meghan is skilled at handling all types of government contract law issues. Most recently, she successfully defended a bid protest in the Court of Federal Claims to preserve a $100 million-dollar contract.
With a commitment to shaping the future of women in the construction industry, Meghan, along with other female attorneys at Oles Morrison, founded Women Leaders in Construction in 2012. The organization brings together women who work in all sectors of the construction industry and provides a platform for networking and professional development in what is often a male-dominated field. Membership has grown to more than 900 women from several states along the West Coast, as well as 110 firms.
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, LEED and Federal Contracting: An Overview of LEED and How Various Federal Agencies are Using LEED to Meet the Federal Sustainability Requirements, Oles Morrison Alaska Construction Law and Government Contracting Seminar, 2012
- Presenter, LEED and Federal Contracting, Oles Morrison Federal Contracting Seminar, May 2010
- Presenter, Time & Money – Monitoring the Work, Northwest Construction Seminar, April 2010
- Author, “Is LEED’s future with federal projects under threat?” Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce, February 28, 2013
- Author, “Is your LEED project a green hornet’s nest?” Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce, October 27, 2011
- Founder and Member, Women Leaders in Construction
- Member, The Beavers
- Member, Association of Builders & Contractors of Western Washington
- Member, NCMA Columbia Basin Chapter
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013 – 2016
News & Insights
- Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®
- Serving Our Clients for 125 Years
- Oles Morrison and Clark Construction to host Women Leaders in Construction at their annual spring event
- Women Leaders in Construction Summer Social June 15
- Meghan Douris and Jim Nagle to Present at NCMA Columbia Basin
- Northern California Super Lawyers Recognizes Rob Leslie
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Six Oles Morrison Attorneys
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Nine Oles Morrison Attorneys
- Attorney Meghan A. Douris is Named Partner
- Oles Morrison to Host Women Leaders in Construction
- Women Leaders in Construction Gather at Oles Morrison
- Five Oles Morrison Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers Lists
- Is LEED’s future with federal projects under threat?
- Meghan Douris Presenting “Risk – A Lawyers View on Sustainable Projects” at CMAA Seminar
- 2012 Alaska Construction Law and Government Contracting Seminars
- Oles Morrison Presents: The Road to Green – LEED & Green Building Seminar November 3, 2011
- Meghan Douris for Seattle DJC: Is your LEED project a green hornet’s nest?
- Meghan Douris to Address CFMA Puget Sound on the Legal Implications of Document Imaging
- LEEDING THE WAY: Federal contracting & green building take common path.