Rebecca Dunlevy Takacs is a respected litigation attorney focusing her practice on commercial litigation, construction, and construction defect defense. Prior to joining Oles Morrison, Rebecca was an associate at Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young where her practice focused on the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation, white-collar criminal defense, and commercial litigation matters in federal court. Prior to entering private practice, Rebecca served as an Assistant District Attorney for the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office and first chaired six trials to verdict. She has participated in all phases of litigation including legal research, discovery, motion practice, oral argument in hearings, trial preparation, and trial.
Rebecca serves as a volunteer attorney with the Justice and Diversity Center of the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Eviction Defense Project where she defends tenants in unlawful detainer/eviction proceedings.
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “But There’s a Catch–California’s Wage-Credit Restrictions on IAF’s Still Stand,” The Dispute Resolver, ABA Forum on Construction Law, August 16, 2018.
- Author, “Internet Immunity: The Limits of Contributory Trademark Infringement Against Online Service Providers,” 22 Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J., 2015.
- NAWIC, San Francisco Chapter
- State Bar of California
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- The Bar Association of San Francisco