Rebecca Dunlevy Takacs is a litigation attorney focusing her practice on commercial litigation, construction, and real estate matters. She handles disputes for a wide range of clients including contractors, subcontractors, sellers, and buyers. Clients value Rebecca’s rigorous approach to early dispute resolution and litigation.
Prior to joining Oles Morrison, Rebecca was an associate at Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young where her practice focused on business and commercial litigation matters in federal court. Prior to entering private practice, Rebecca served as an Assistant District Attorney for the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office and first chaired six trials to verdict. She has participated in all phases of litigation including legal research, discovery, motion practice, oral argument, and trial.
Rebecca has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Construction Litigation by Super Lawyers for four consecutive years.
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “That’s a Wrap- When the United States tells the Supreme Court Your Qui Tam Suit is a Goner,” Procurement Playbook, December 20, 2018
- Author, “For Relators, the roses aren’t necessarily redder: The Ninth Circuit’s fresh cut on Escobar for FCA cases,” Westlaw Journal Government Contracts, November 19, 2018
- Author, “For Relators, the Roses aren’t Necessarily Redder: The Ninth Circuit’s Fresh Cut on Escobar for FCA Cases,” Procurement Playbook, October 18, 2018
- Author, “New Opportunities, New Risks- New Cost or Pricing Data Thresholds,” Procurement Playbook, July 3, 2018
- Author, “But There’s a Catch–California’s Wage-Credit Restrictions on IAF’s Still Stand,” The Dispute Resolver, ABA Forum on Construction Law, August 16, 2018.
- Author, “Borrowing a Page from the USAO’s Playbook- Get Your FCA Suit Dismissed,” Procurement Playbook, March 20, 2018
- Author, “Escobar: Two-Stepping Away from False Claims Act Liability?”, Procurement Playbook, October 2, 2017
- Author, “Uptick in Buy American Enforcement Means Increased False Claims Act Risks,” Procurement Playbook, June 22, 2017
- Author, “Internet Immunity: The Limits of Contributory Trademark Infringement Against Online Service Providers,” 22 Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J., 2015.
- State Bar of California
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- The American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- RECON Nexus
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018 – present
News & Insights
- Oles Morrison Celebrates Women in Construction Week
- Oles Morrison Announces Three Attorneys Promoted to Partner
- Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® 2021 List
- Super Lawyers Selects Fourteen Oles Morrison Attorneys for inclusion in the 2020 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists.
- The 2020 Edition of The Legal 500 Nationally Ranks Oles Morrison’s Construction and Government Contracts Practices
- COVID-19 and Impacts on Construction
- Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®
- Legal 500 Recognizes Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker’s Government Contracts Practice In 2019 National Guide
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker Receives Rankings In 2019 Issue Of Chambers USA Guide
- Rebecca Takacs recently authored, “For relators, the roses aren’t necessarily redder: The Ninth Circuit’s fresh cut on Escobar for FCA cases”
- Rob Leslie and Rebecca Takacs listed as 2018 Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Serving Our Clients for 125 Years
- Oles Morrison is pleased to welcome attorney Rebecca D. Takacs