Ryan Gilchrist’s practice spans across the firm’s construction, commercial litigation, business and real estate, and government contracts groups as he supports clients in the construction and real estate industries. From contract review and research to complex litigation of claims and disputes, he counsels contractors and subcontractors in the construction industry on a wide variety of legal issues. Ryan served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Kenneth L. Schubert of the King County Superior Court during law school and was a summer associate at Oles Morrison in 2015.
Successful post-award GAO bid protest challenging the award of a $375 million contract awarded by NASA for engineering, research, and scientific support services. GAO sustained our client’s protest, finding numerous errors in the past performance and cost realism evaluations, and also recommended NASA reimburse our client’s attorneys’ fees. Trident Vantage Sys., LLC; SKER-SGT Eng’g & Sci., LLC, B-415944 et al., 2018 CPD ¶ 166, 2018 WL 2355998 (Comp. Gen. 2018).
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “Understanding Constructive Acceleration Claims on Federal Projects,” Procurement Playbook, October 16, 2018
- Author, “FAR Suspension of Work v. Stop-Work Order: What Contractors Need to Know,” Procurement Playbook, June 26, 2018
- Author, “Contract Interpretation Using Extrinsic Evidence Sinks Contractor’s Claim at the CBCA,” Procurement Playbook, February 19, 2018
- Author, “Texas Gets Burned: Court of Federal Claims Finds State’s Randolph-Sheppard Act Protest Premature,” Procurement Playbook, January 25th, 2018
- Co-Author, “Sealed Biddings,” Federal Government Construction Contracts, Third Edition, American Bar Association, 2017
- Co-Author, “Contractors Beware: Alaska’s Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act Applies to You,” AGC Alaska Magazine, Winter 2017
- Author, “Responsibility Criteria v. Contract Performance Requirements- When Can You Protest?” Procurement Playbook, June 8, 2017
- Author, “Breakdown in Communication Leads to Rule 11 Dispute in Bid Protest of Telecommunications Contract,” Procurement Playbook, March 25, 2017
- Author, “Application of the Presumption of Affiliation Based on Identity of Interest Requires Clear Notice to Protested Firm,” Procurement Playbook, January 17, 2017
- Author, “The PSBCA Orders the U.S. Postal Service to Pay for its Mess,” Procurement Playbook, October 21, 2016
- Author, “SBA’s 8(a) Program Survives Constitutionality Challenge … For Now,” Procurement Playbook, October 6, 2016