Sean Dowell represents general contractors and subcontractors throughout all phases of the construction process. He works closely with his clients to proactively mitigate contractor risk through contract drafting and negotiation. If disputes arise, Sean represents his clients throughout the dispute resolution process exploring both alternative dispute resolution and litigation strategies. With experience working as a commercial construction project manager and owner’s representative prior to attending law school, he is able to quickly understand the technical aspects of his clients’ work as well as the practical implications of his legal counsel.
During law school, Sean served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Ronald B. Leighton of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, and was a summer associate at Oles Morrison.
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, “Defending Against Preference Demands,” The Alaska Contractor, Fall 2016
- Co-author, “Clauses that Limit Damage Recovery in Construction Contracts,” WSBA Construction Law Program, June 2016
- Contributing author, “Construction Law Update,” Aspen Publishing, 2015
- Contributing author, “Construction Law Update,” ABA Forum on Construction Law, 2015 – 2016
- Co-author, “Advising a Client in Contract Negotiation,” ABA Mid-Winter Program, July 2014
- Member, Construction Industry Advisory Council, University of Washington, 2018
Awards & Honors
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018