Large and small companies involved in public and private construction project disputes come to Tom for his experienced counsel on complex commercial litigation and contract negotiation matters. He is a problem solver who works with his clients to expeditiously and efficiently mitigate risk and navigate their most challenging issues throughout all project phases, from the initial contract formation through project completion, including claims and if necessary litigation. Tom explores all options for dispute resolution, but when litigation is the best solution to a problem, he can be counted on to be an aggressive advocate for the needs of his clients. Given his vast experience in representing notable companies in large construction disputes and his own personal interest in the technical/engineering aspects of those projects, Tom understands the actual construction aspects of projects and advises clients on how the law applies to them.
A seasoned litigator, Tom has represented clients in a wide variety of projects across the U.S. and internationally, including: sewer treatment facilities in Hawaii and Washington; utility and roadway construction; a major light-rail transit project; a Navy carrier pier; frozen soil shoring; school construction; bridges; utility scale solar, biogen, and nuclear projects; multiple tunneling and microtunneling projects; and claims against the Federal Government, including construction claims domestic and foreign, and relating to a Base Operations Services contract. He also counsels domestic and international companies on the unique legal issues, including EPC contractors and financial lenders on public private partnerships (P3).
Represented client in a bid protest involving a >$400 million wastewater treatment facility.
Represents international partner in joint venture involved in the world’s largest tunneling project of its kind.
Represented international partner in an EPC joint venture in negotiating P3 contract documents for a light rail project.
Counsel to engineering team providing construction contracting advice to institutional lenders on cutting edge renewable energy projects, which also included projects internationally.
Represented JV prime contractor and its sureties in a >$100 million twelve-week jury trial relating to claims arising from a large bore tunneling project.
Represent contractor before the ASBCA involving a construction project for the Army Corps of Engineers on a Navy base in Israel.
Represented JV prime contractor in claims against the project owner on seawall replacement project.
Represented contractor on claims arising from construction of a sewer treatment facility in Hawaii.
Represented JV prime contractor in a >$100 million arbitration relating to a light rail project against the project owner and involving multiple subcontractors.
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, “Case Study” NUCA of Washington, Renton 2015
- Presenter, “Unallowable Costs” Desert Bar Association, Richland, WA, 2014
- Presenter, “Construction Disputes Repeat Offenders: What have we learned?“ Chicago, Illinois, 2008
- Presenter, “Unabsorbed Overhead: What Is It? How Is It Proven/Disproven?,”
- Maximizing Overhead Recovery in Changes and Claims, Oles Morrison Construction and Public Contract Law Seminar, Seattle, WA, 2004
- Member, The Beavers
- Secretary of the Board of Directors, Utility Contractors Association of Washington,
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Oregon State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation-Construction, 2017-present
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers, 2004, 2006, 2007
News & Insights
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker Attorneys Named “Best Lawyers in America”
- NUCA Dozer Day® Seattle June 3-4
- Oles Morrison Names Angelia Wesch New Managing Partner
- Congratulations to our six attorneys who were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
- Tom Krider Featured at NUCA Construction Law Seminar
- Oles Morrison Supports the Beavers Charitable Trust
- Thomas R. Krider Named A Managing Partner
- Oles Morrison featured in AGC’s The Alaska Contractor Magazine
- Tom Krider to speak at WSBA Construction Law Winter Forum