With a practice that focuses on construction law, commercial litigation and government contracts, Wiley Cason works with clients to creatively address their legal issues in the most economic and expeditious manner possible. He brings a keen eye for detail and a solution-oriented approach to his clients in the construction and real estate industries. Prior to attending law school, Wiley taught English at a public school in Thailand and worked on political campaigns. Raised in Alaska, he grew up dipnetting on the Kenai River and takes every opportunity he can to return home to visit.
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, “Anticipating Federal Contracting Policy Changes,” The Alaska Contractor, Winter 2021
- Co-Author, “Who Pays for Coronavirus Costs on Public Works Projects: Contractors or Owners?” Daily Journal of Commerce, December 24, 2020
- Co-Author, “Bidding on Public Projects: The Calculated Risks of Unbalanced Bids,” The Alaska Contractor, Fall 2020
- Co-Author, “The New Normal: Real Estate in the COVID Era,” The Registry, September, 17, 2020
- Presenter, “Insurance: Business Interruption, Extra Expense, and Liability Coverage for Insureds Facing Losses Associated with COVID-19,” Moving Alaska Forward in the Age of COVID, AGC of Alaska/Alaska PTAC, Webinar, July 15, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Alaska Supreme Court Decision Underscore Importance of Carefully Following Contract Claim Provisions,” The Alaska Contractor, Summer 2020
News & Insights
- Anticipating Federal Contracting Policy Changes for Alaska State and Public Projects
- Who pays for coronavirus costs on public works projects: contractors or owners?
- Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® 2021 List
- Bidding on Public Projects: the Calculated Risks of Unbalanced Bids
- Mike Schmidt and Wiley Cason authored an article on unbalanced bids for The Alaska Contractor’s Fall edition
- Alaska Supreme Court Decision Underscores Importance of Carefully Following Contract Claim Provisions
- Webinar: Business Interruption, Extra Expense, and Liability Coverage for Insureds Facing Losses Associated with COVID-19
- The 2020 Edition of The Legal 500 Nationally Ranks Oles Morrison’s Construction and Government Contracts Practices
- Insurer Liability for Business Closures due to COVID-19-Will Courts Find “Physical Loss or Damage”?
- Washington’s Version of “Shelter in Place”: What it Means for the Construction Industry
- COVID-19 and Impacts on Construction
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker Promotes Two Attorneys and Adds Two Associates
- Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®