Oles Morrison is Ranked Among Nation’s Top Law Firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® 2021 List
Thu Nov 5, 2020
Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker is pleased to announce it has been listed in The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® 2021 “Best Law Firms” with a national ranking in Construction Law and Litigation-Construction. In addition, U.S. News – Best Lawyers® ranked Oles Morrison in the following metropolitan tiers:
- Tier 1 ranking in Construction Law and Litigation-Construction in the Seattle Metro area and Tier 2 in Commercial Litigation;
- Tier 1 ranking in Alaska for Construction Law and Commercial Litigation and Tier 3 for Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants;
- Tier 1 ranking in Oakland for Litigation-Construction.
The methodology for the 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings involved surveying a collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process.
Earlier this year, ten Oles Morrison attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in America®.
- Sam E. Baker, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Litigation-Construction;
- Douglas S. Oles, Construction Law and Litigation-Construction;
- Peter N. Ralston, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Litigation-Construction;
- Craig Rusk, Construction Law and Litigation-Construction;
- Thomas R. Krider, Construction Law and Litigation-Construction;
- James F. Nagle, Construction Law;
- Robert Leslie, Litigation – Construction;
- Angelia D. Wesch, Insurance Law;
- Jason R. Wandler, Litigation-Construction; and,
- Michael Geraghty, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation-Construction and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
Three attorneys were honored with Best Lawyers® 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” distinction:
- Douglas Oles was named the Best Lawyers® 2021 Litigation-Construction “Lawyer of the Year” in Seattle;
- James Nagle was named the Best Lawyers® 2021 Construction Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Seattle;
- And, Michael Geraghty was named the Best Lawyers® 2021 Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” in Anchorage.
Alix K. Town is included in the inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Construction Law.
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which tens of thousands of leading attorneys cast almost 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor.
Construction law has been Oles Morrison’s principal practice area for more than 85 years. Our team of seasoned attorneys advises general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, public and private owners, engineers and architects in building the nation’s infrastructure, transportation systems and skyline. From contract procurement and dispute resolution to commercial litigation and real estate transactions, we assist clients in all stages of the construction process finding solutions that help our clients stay in business and complete their jobs.